Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Bikram Yoga New



I must admit I always wondered why there is interest in Bikram Yoga. For me, the first time I heard about the kind of yoga I think people are crazy. Why on earth would you want locked in a room for 90 minutes to move around and sweat dripping off you like you are the fountain. No, thank you! Not until recently that I decided to give this idea a try.


I'm not saying that I live for yoga, but I enjoy a good stretch once in a while! Growing up I was a sports fanatic and work. Anything that involved intense Cardio, you can be sure to count me in. When I started college three years ago (I'm starting to feel old!) My friend and I decided to give yoga spinning. I must say the feeling I got during my first workout is intense, but I feel great a few days later. Occasionally my friends and I would take yoga class is different, everyone is considering teach differently.

Recently I signed up for the 14-day trial package of Bikram Yoga Bikram Yoga in Pittsburgh. When I first signed up I like the idea that I could pay $ 20 and go for an unlimited number of classes. I feel as if this is the right time for me to actually experience what Bikram has to offer. The best part is I signed up for classes with friends. He also never attended a yoga type. It will definitely be an experience for us both.

The first class I've attended made me feel like it was my first day at new school. I'm glad I went with a friend because I tend to be a little embarrassed when trying new things yourself! As soon as we opened the door, I could feel the heat, literally! Hello nerve. To my surprise everyone in the building's super positive and has great energy. Here are something’s I learned during my first experience.

    When they say arrive 15 minutes early, ARRIVE BEFORE! This shows respect and benefits. The first is that before you arrive earlier you can get a good spot. When the time is getting closer to the beginning of class, the room becomes more complete and space is limited. If you arrive early I would suggest going to the back, especially if you're new. You will be closer to the window and could mirror what others are doing if you've never attended a class type.

    Drinking water and I mean a lot! Before going into the classroom I think drinking 2 bottles of water would be enough to keep hydrated. Boy was I wrong! As the sweat rate increases, increased loss of body water and the need for fluid replacement is important. After doing some reading there are all kinds of advice that people have when drinking before class. From my experience, I would recommend anywhere between 3-4 16.9 Oz bottles of water, but that's just me. Also be sure to drink plenty of water after class to keep your body hydrated.

    Depending on where you train they offer a mat and towel. Silly me, I brought my mat, but completely forgot the towel. I figured I could just use a T-shirt and everything will be fine. Since this is my first time I have complementary towels and now I understand why it is needed. If you have a large towel, large enough to cover your bed, take it! Throughout the session you will be legit sweat falling everywhere. Not only deal with how much sweat is produced, but also there are different positions that you are going to do that you may need to hold your towel.

    If you feel tired, like as if you become a light to take a sip of water or sitting. I have to do a combination of both my first time. At first I will sometimes take a little water to help my body stay hydrated. It gets to the point even though I became lightheaded. DO NOT TRY TO FIGHT THIS URGENT! If you feel a mild head or nervous, do sit down. The instructor will not take this personally and your classmates will not see you differently. If you need to sit down make sure you keep your head high and not down, I got caught doing it and it does not. (On the plus side, the more you do Bikram yoga, the less you will feel the need to want to take a sip of water or sit down because your body will become accustomed to the session.)

    Finally, on the advice of more or less is recommended. My first session I was nervous to go into training with nothing but a bra and a small gym shorts. I honestly felt awkward to have the type of clothes and decided to keep my shirt. I will make recommendations not only less because it holds the heat in, but when you start to stick to baggy clothes on your body to be uncomfortable, and at times it may be difficult to move into position.

Over all, enjoy yourself. Although this is the first time I tried Bikram yoga, I made sure to not push yourself too hard. While he was in the kind of atmosphere it noted that no one there to judge you. Everyone focuses on their own bodies that they will not notice you. It was the session and you have to make the most of it. For me the first day of my goals is not only unconscious, and I managed to achieve that goal! Taking the time to focus on yourself and let go of everything that's on your mind.

No comments:

Post a Comment